Friday, October 26, 2007

“You know you’re getting old when…….”

I just turned 60 the other day.(Funny, I don’t feel any older than I did the day before). But, as I have reflected on things I have noticed how I view the world differently than in the past.

So, I decided to make up this list of things that remind me of when you know you’re getting old.

You know you’re getting old when…..

1- the doctors who attend you look younger than your children.

2- you have to have your glasses on when you get up to go to the bathroom at night.

3- you don’t care if your spouse snores because it means she is breathing.

4- a good, juicy steak doesn’t make you feel good anymore.

5- you pick at a slice of radish you thought fell out of your taco, only to discover it is

printed on the place mat.

6- you want a handrail in your bathroom shower stall.

7- some things said aren’t worth the emotions for debate.

8- all the new cars in the showroom look like pimps should be driving them.

9- you see someone in a military uniform and you immediately are taken back to the

time when you served and you secretly envy them.

10- you cannot understand how so many stupid politicians get elected to office.

11- you listen to late night talk radio, and realize the answer to number 10.

12- you are repulsed by the young woman who hands you back your change and you see

she has a stud on her tongue.

13- Miami Ink makes you worry about our society today.

14- Prime time television offers nothing that interests you.

15- You prefer the History Channel.

16- Your daughter’s blogs touch you, and you miss having them around.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Well, Pops, I am old too because Miami Ink worries me, and nothing is good on prime time.

Had to laugh at the radish story! HA!! That's funny. I forgot how mom will put radishes in taos every once in a while.

It makes me think twice about my age when I see doctors that ARE my age. I think, are you old enough to be treating me? Did you listen to Depeche Mode in high school too?

Miss you too Dad.

Anonymous said...

I must be old too....History channel is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Dad, #3 had me laughing out loud! Ha ha ha!

I must be old, too. My dentist is younger than me. )O:

Love,
Patty

Anonymous said...

Dad, I watched you eat a big juicy steak you had cooked yourslef tonight. Are you sure it didn't make you feel good??

You forgot to add you know you're old when your driver's license expires (and you didn't realize it!) and they make you come in for an eyesight test before they will renew it. HA!

Forget Miami Ink, have you watched LA Ink? I am fascinated by that show. It makes me think the only reason people seem to get tatooed is because someone died or they survived cancer or something. BIZARRE-O. I need to go now and watch the latest episode I recorded on my DVR....
CARE

Anonymous said...

I'm there with you on the History Channel!